Monday, May 6, 2013

Mani Pedi How to Ombre Rainbow Nails by isewcute

I'm long over due for a how to post, so when I painted my nails a fun kawaii, ombre rainbow, I knew I had to share with y'all! This was so easy guys!

The colors I used:
Sally Hansen Extreme Wear 360 'mellow yellow'
Sally Hansen Extreme Wear 90 'sun kissed'
Sally Hansen Extreme Wear 23 'fuchsia power'
Sally Hansen insta-dri 420 'lively lilac'
Sally Hansen insta-dri 28 'mint sprint'
Sally Hansen Extreme Wear 02 'green with envy'
Sally Hansen Extreme Wear 130 'blew me away'




I'm sure it can be improved upon, but for a first go at it, I'm well pleased with the results!

Also I used a clear fast drying top coat.

Simply brush one color on one half of your nail such as yellow...and then on the other half, brush on a complimentary color such as red...so that when they come together they make the 3rd color you'll brush on in the center...(orange).
Quickly, before it dries, brush on the clear coat & kind of wiggle the brush as you apply it to soften the edges between your colors & give the whole thing a nice smooth shine.

I'm loving this even more than when I did the glitter tips french manicure...and it takes a lot to make me like something more than glitter!

Enjoy & feel free to share your results if you try it! I'd love to see!

No comments: